What a fantastic lunch..salad with organic spinach, carrots, grapes, organic eggs, turmeric and light vinaigrette dressing!!
Have a fabulous day…Carmella
With a desire to stay healthy with all things from inner and outer body.
This is what I’m having for dinner tonight? How about you?
Plated and ready to eat!
Organic half and half spinach mix with shrimp seasoned onions, ground cumin, turmeric, oregano.
Til next time! C
Chilled Watercress-Spinach Soup
- PREP: 45 minutes
- TOTAL: 2 hours 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; about 3 medium)
- 1 7- to 8-ounce white-skinned potato, peeled, diced
- 3 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 2 cups (packed) coarsely chopped watercress with some of stems plus small sprigs (for garnish)
- 1 cup (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped (for garnish)
Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and potato; sauté until leeks are slightly softened but not brown, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add 3 cups broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add watercress and spinach; stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Cool slightly.
Working with 1 cup at a time, puree soup in blender until smooth. Transfer soup to large bowl. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Chill until cold, about 2 hours. Thin with more broth, if desired.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish center of each with hard-boiled eggs and small watercress sprigs.
Hungry for More?
If you have a question about this recipe, contact
our Test Kitchen at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see more recipes like this one, check out our Soups and Stews Slideshow
Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/2010/07/chilled_watercress_spinach_soup#ixzz1eCybqH8e